Sticking to a healthy lifestyle is sometimes easier said than done, especially at work.
No matter how active your lifestyle and fast-paced your job may be, a desk job requires you to be seated for most of your time spent in the office. So let’s learn how to keep yourself healthy with these solutions & stay focused on what you do best at work.
Move frequently and maintain proper posture.
Sitting with bad posture for an extended period may cause severe health problems and back pains. Moreover, several studies show that this habit can cause you to become more tired and decrease your productivity.
- Set a reminder on your phone to get off your chair and move or stretch every 30 minutes.
- Take advantage of the phone calls you have to make daily and walk while talking.
- Place a reminder on your screen to straighten your back or invest in a back straightener to ensure you sit properly throughout the day.
Drink more water and avoid caffeinated or sugary beverages.
It’s hard to stop yourself from relying on caffeinated or sugary drinks when you feel sluggish at work. If consumed excessively, they can cause nervousness, restlessness, increased heartbeat, insomnia etc.
- Invest in a bottle that allows you to track your water consumption.
- Or get an app that lets you record your caffeinated drinks and water consumption.
- Consume your caffeinated beverages in moderation by allowing yourself to indulge them once in the morning & afternoon.
Prep and plan your meals better.
Making unhealthy food choices can be very tempting in a stressful office setting. Unhealthy food around the office and the lack of time to prepare healthy meals make choosing unhealthy meals an easy option.
- Follow the above solutions to keep stress at bay.
- Prep your meals in advance to make more mindful food choices.
Or better yet, subscribe to a Fortify Meal Plan that suits your needs & lifestyle.
Get good rest at the end of the day.
To continuously stay healthy and productive, you need to take care of your mental health and get proper sleep. It is recommended to take between 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day, but the quality of your sleep is more important.
- Keep a notebook near your bed to dump all your nightly ideas.
- Ensure your room has the perfect temperature to fall asleep.
- Sleep according to the REM clock for better quality sleep.
Adopting these solutions and sticking to them at work can positively affect all areas of your life. You will be able to improve your physical health, mental health, productivity and performance.
Moreover, Fortify Meal Plans can help you stress less about your meals and give you more time and energy to focus on what you do best. It’s time to put yourself first and enhance your health, happiness and productivity.